Nila Madhab Panda, who hails from Dasharaj Pur, Sonepur of Odisha. His primary education was in the village school which didn’t have proper building and for upper primary he had to walk 8km daily. He studied at the Ulunda High School which is 9km away from his home, So he had to go by cycle. He also studied Entrepreneurship at IIM Bangalore
- United Nations Visual Media fellowship (2002)
- Heroism in Cinematography (2003) THP, New York.
- UK Film Fellowship (2005).
- Creative Futures of India (2006) (Longest Journey award) by British Council.
- Excellence in media (2010)for fighting the cause Female foeticide.
- Nila Madhab Panda won the Aravindan Puraskaram best debut director award for I Am Kalam of 2011
- I Am Kalam (2010)
- The Woman from Georgia (USA, under production)
- +ve, -ve (on hiv/aids, Under production)
Though he left odisha 15 years back, but still closely associated with the stories and life of Odisha, he continue doing documentaries and short films in odisha for various international channels. Most of his films have subjects that deal with the society that he has lived in, during his long journey from a remote village to metropolitan cities across the globe.